Friday 5 April 2013

That's My Jam #4


I'm torn.  I love records.  And I love beer.  In fact I'd go as far to say that most of my disposable income is spent on these two pastimes.  So when faced with Beer vs. Records on Record Store Day my mind, and most likely my wallet, will crumble!



It's from the above fun venture that my latest jam comes from.  On Saturday 20th April for Record Store Day, the ever wonderful Song, By Toad Records in conjunction with Barney's Beer unveil 'Beer vs. Records', a battle to see which will sell out first, 12" coloured vinyl or a 4 pack of tasty beer, each equipped with 8 tracks by some very, very good bands.  The contributors are our recent Scottish Fiction Presents: Aye Tunes vs. Peenko headliners Le Thug, previous gig buddies Plastic Animals, Magic Eye, and Zed Penguin.

I've heard all the tracks involved, and can assure you they are splendid.  Here's some tasters (sadly you can't taste the beer in advance, though I'm sure from one of Edinburgh's finest microbrewers it'll be good) for you, one track from each band.

Plastic Animals - Pizarnik

Plastic Animals - Pizarnik from Song, by Toad on Vimeo.



Magic Eye - Golden Circle



Zed Penguin - Wandering

Zed Penguin - Wandering from Song, by Toad on Vimeo.



Le Thug - New Balance

No comments:

Post a Comment