Wednesday 20 February 2013

The LTTM Sessions?


If I had to pick one of my favourite things to come out of the Scottish music scene over the past few years the first thing to jump to mind would definitely be the brilliant internet show Detour.  As a lazy dimwit I take no pride in saying that when it comes to new music my first port of call is always YouTube.  I know there will be a hundred audiophiles throwing a hissy fit as I say that but it's just how I work.  I don't know whether it's my love of interesting visuals and live sound or just cause it's saved in my Firefox search bar... 

One of my favourite YouTube sites is an American channel called 'Ifyoumakeit', their common premise being to find a touring act, plonk them on a couch, set up a camera and microphone and let them do the rest.  Their 'Pink Couch sessions' was where I found most of my now favourite bands.  It just seemed to be an exciting place for certain bands with a similair vibe to gather and play.

Other than Detour and Glasgow Podcart I've never really latched onto anything else in the Glasgow music scene (recommendations welcome). 

With that in mind...
One day I shall move through to the big smoke and one of the first things I plan on doing is trying like a mad dog to create a similar set up to that of the 'Pink Couch Sessions'.  No cliques or discrimination.  Just any band who want to spread their name around town and are willing to come to a strangers house.

Who's in?

Bascially this was a really long winded excuse to put up a video I made the other week with the brilliant Ewan Grant a.k.a. Algernon Doll.  I still stand by my promise.




That rather brilliant song is from Ewans up and coming album, but I believe a recording of it can be heard on the Scottish Ficiton Bandcamp. 

P.S.  I am playing a last minute gig tonight with Cancel the Astronauts and Maple Leaves.  Broadcast - Free Entry.  Y'all should come 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment