Friday 28 October 2011

Scottish Fiction Playlist - Monday 24th October

Sorry about the delay in posting this up, I know there will be scores of people eager to listen again! And after proudly boosting about my success in going a full two hour show without playing any songs with swear words, I have since realised that Mr November by The National contains the line, “I won’t fuck us over” repeatedly. I don’t know how I’ve missed this over the years or what I thought the line actually was, but it’s just another shining example of my lack of research! I think I got away with it though, so don’t tell anyone.

The theme for last Monday’s show on Pulse Community Radio was acronyms from N.W.A. to the Y.M.C.A and lots in between. Check out the full show’s playlist below and listen again to the show at the bottom. Enjoy.

Modest Mouse – Float On
Conquering Animal Sound – Giant
If You Lived Here, You’d Be Home By Now – Sleeping Beauty
Supermarionation – Those Home Girls
Frightened Rabbit – Fuck This Place
The National – Mr November
Coat Hooks – The Boat Outside
Donna Maciocia – Fists At The Sky
Aztec Camera – We Could Send Letters
Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds – Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Butcher Boy – The Day Our Voices Broke

OutKast – B.O.B.
R.E.M. – Bad Day
Ian Brown – F.E.A.R.
System Of A Down – B.Y.O.B.
Foo Fighters – M.I.A.
Wu-Tang Clan – C.R.E.A.M.
The Flaming Lips – The W.A.N.D.
ABBA – S.O.S.
N.W.A. – Express Yourself
Korn – A.D.I.D.A.S.
Jay-Z – D.O.A.
The Beatles – Back In The U.S.S.R.
Kasabian – L.S.F.

Scottish Fiction - 24th October 2011 by scottishfiction

No comments:

Post a Comment