Saturday 6 August 2011

Scottish Fiction Playlist - Monday 1st August

It's crazy to think I started at Pulse Community Radio six months ago. I like to think my radio presenting skills have improved somewhat since then. Last Monday's show was a great one, down to the fact that fellow Neilstoner, and pop practitioner Lou Hickey joined me in the studio. Lou chatted about her music, her experiences in Codeine Velvet Club, and her new E.P. 'Minutes, Hours, Days' and you can hear/read the full thing here.

Lou also showed me up by picking an astute selection of songs to play over the course of the first hour of the show. Her choices were:

Del Shannon - Runaway
Buddy Holly - Peggy Sue
Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
Martha Reeves And The Vandellas - Heat Wave
The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

I also treated listeners to songs from Lou's new E.P., but not to be outdone, Lou performed a live acoustic version of 'You!'.

The rest of the show was packed full of great music. You can listen again to the full show at the bottom, and here is the playlist in full.

BMX Bandits - I Could Fall In Love
So Many Animal Calls - In Winter, We Should Have Headed For Shelter
The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You
Fiction Faction - A Lot Can Happen On A Summers Day
Wyclef Jean feat. The Rock - It Doesn't Matter
Wrongnote - Devil Give Misdirection
Wilco - Theologians
Vivian Girls - I Heard You Say
We Were Promised Jetpacks - Act On Impulse
Washington Irving - Abbey Gallop
The Unwinding Hours - There Are Worse Things Than Being Alone
Owen Pallet - Hard To Explain
Withered Hand - Religious Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment